Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootelf on IMX6.UL

Jump to solution
jiangshan_wei
Contributor I

hi,

Now I am using I.MX6UL development board named "i.MX6UltraLite Evaluation Kit (EVK)" . what i did is:

1: Install SDK_2.2_MCIM6UL on my PC.

2: Build one standalone elf executable file with demo IAR project in SDK folder “C:\nxp\SDK_2.2_MCIM6UL\boards\evkmcimx6ul\driver_examples\gpt\capture”. 

2: press any key to stop auto-uboot, with uboot version  "uboot-imx-imx_v2016.03_4.1.15_2.0.0_ga".

3: load elf file via command bootelf

=> fatload mmc 1:1 0x80800000 gpt_capture.out
reading gpt_capture.out
217948 bytes read in 35 ms (5.9 MiB/s)

4:Boot elf from memory. 
=> bootelf 0x80800000

And my question is

1: Any idea why demo binary file execution is stuck? Assume application timer should start ticking.

2: How to disable interrupts initialized by U-boot? I mean how to diasble intterupts before bootelf command.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
8 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are no recommendations from u-boot developers (www.denx.de) about similar u-boot changing.

It looks like that the following command sequence is needed.

1. Disable all interrupts
  2. Replace exception handlers.
  3. Enable interrupts.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:

This thread is continued as a private discussion with the submitter,
NXP support is not following the thread anymore.

0 Kudos
jiangshan_wei
Contributor I

Appreciate the links, it helpful for me. May I have one more asking. Could you share the guide/link about relocating vector table for RTOS in DDR by booting with uBoot.

0 Kudos
jiangshan_wei
Contributor I

Let me clarify myself, I am looking for the method to replace Uboot exception handler with my ROTS exception handlers .Thanks

0 Kudos
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The i.MX6 u-boot is not operating system.

Find the "Standalone HOWTO:" in u-boot README file.

This file is available using the following link:

https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/README

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
jiangshan_wei
Contributor I

hi Pavel, 

thanks for the help, checked. Booting standalone application are directly runnable in the environment
provided by U-Boot.  But now I also need to  install my own set of exception handlers, device drivers, set up the MMU, etc... like linux OS, and i also need the leverage HAB feature on I.MX6UL processor.

Could you give me some advice about below items: 

1: Is customizing U-boot the fastest approach?Any other better approach for that?

2: If customizing U-boot is the fastest approach, could you help to share some guide/doc about that?

thanks

0 Kudos
yali_zhang
Contributor II

Can you use the bootelf to start an application? Could you share your findings?

0 Kudos
jiangshan_wei
Contributor I

One more input, after bootelf is called by Uboot, then connect IAR and start debugging, there is a warning in debug log "Tue Mar 12, 2019 09:22:19: The stack pointer for stack 'IRQ_STACK' (currently 0x00000013) is outside the stack range (0x800111C0 to 0x800112C0) "

0 Kudos