cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect a LCD screen over MIPI DSI

bozhidar
Contributor I

Hi,
I want to connect a LCD screen over MIPI DSI to the board var-som-imx6. I'm running the yocto-sumo  kernel on my board.
So far, everything is connected but I'm not getting any data on the screen.
What configuration I need to do and what drivers I have to install? I couldn't find any useful information.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bozhidar

one can try suggestions provided on

support new MIPI DSI panel 

linux-imx/mxcfb_hx8363_wvga.c at imx_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga_var01 · varigit/linux-imx · GitHub 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

bozhidar
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your answer. I've checked the links you sent me. However I have a few more questions.

1) I see that I have to change the device tree file. I can't locate that file. Is it located on the var-som board or inside the folder/source code of the yocto project?

2) After changing the device tree file, what do I do? Do I have to re-compile the kernel? Or I have to just put it in some config folder?

3)I see that another option is to change the source code of an existing driver(this one: linux-imx/mxcfb_hx8363_wvga.c at imx_4.14.78_1.0.0_ga_var01 · varigit/linux-imx · GitHub ).

Now, is it necessary to change the driver? Isn't the device tree config file enough?

After the driver is changed, how do I compile it to apply the changes? I guess I have to compile the entire kernel image, right?

Thanks.

MIPI DSI display problems 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bozhidar

one can look at overview of variscite software on

Android Platform Customization - Variscite Wiki 

for questions related to var-som board and its software suggest to

contact vendor of that board, variscite support

Variscite Wiki