LinkServer not found.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkServer not found.

randyseedle
Contributor III

I am trying to get the project freertos_hello to debug but I keep getting the message:

LinkServer not found.

No changes have been made to the freertos_hello project. Any ideas what is causing

this issue to occur ?

0 Kudos
7 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy Seedle,

Thanks for contacting our technical support, to help you fast, could you please description

your question more detail.

Which IDE? Board? Debug probe on your board ? Also check whether find the debug on 

the device manager of your PC. You'd better take video or screenshot show your steps.

Thanks.

BR

TIC

0 Kudos

randyseedle
Contributor III

I am using the MCUXpresso IDE version  v10.3.1 [Build 2233] [2019-02-20]. I am using the FRDM K64F board.

I don't currently have a probe connected. Though I do have probe from another LPC4088 Quickstar board from Embedded Artists. I do see the E: drive in Windows Explorer and its Mass Storage driver in MS Device Manager. The stuff that I have from the LPC board is a LPCXpresso LPC-Link 2 Rev B. Is there a specific probe that I am suppose to have to debug the FreeRTOS examples ?

problem1.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy,

1)  Expand the drop-down menu:

pastedImage_1.png

2) "Is there a specific probe that I am suppose to have to debug the FreeRTOS examples ?"

-> No, J-link, P&E, or LinkServer all OK.

3) On FRDM-K64 , there is on board debugger OpenSDA, you can directly use it . Just plug in USB to OpenSDA port

with PC, under "Ports" will show debug probe. There are three debug probe can use in OpenSDA, you can switch

refer to you requirement , about detail please have a look at: OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

If your PC is Win10, pay attention the Red text this link mentioned .

4) About how to debug on MCUXpresso IDE, please refer to "MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf"->11. Debugging a Project .

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

randyseedle
Contributor III

I found the communications port under Ports (COM & LPT) as COM1 (See below).

Under USB there is an "Unknown Device" which turns out to be the mbed Composite Device once the board is rebooted. The E: drive also becomes available.

It still says Link Server is not found while debugging. I also see a dialog:

redlink> ProbeList
No probes found
redlink> ProbeList
No probes found
redlink> ProbeList
No probes found
redlink> ProbeList
No probes found
redlink> ProbeList
No probes found
redlink> ProbeList
No probes found

I also see a dialog:

SafeUIJobWithProgress has encountered a problem. An internal error has occurred.
An internal error has occurred.
Widget is disposed

I seem to get to the dialog: Figure 11.3. LPC-Link2 no longer connected, very consistently now (MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf  page 93).

Strait out of the box I was able to debug the Hello World application (on the Getting Started webpage) but if I go back to it now it will not debug. It just get to the same dialog and it stops. It never gets to main() now. The LED on the board next to the USB (power) port, Open SDA is flashing with a slow cadence.

problem2.png

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy Seedle,

Do you used MBED debug ? Please install the driver:

https://os.mbed.com/handbook/Windows-serial-configuration      

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos

randyseedle
Contributor III

Alice:

Generally I am just importing the SDK projects, compiling, and trying to debug with line in the Quickstart panel. EVERY time I try to start MCUXpression I end up having to unplug the board, hold down the reset button, and reinsert the USB cable to get the mbed driver to load and the E drive to show up or else they do not load at all. Is there a different way to debug using mbed ? I have not used any of mbed stuff yet ? mbed documentation might be nice place to start.

Randy

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Randy,

I'm confused about your question , now let's confirm some points.

1) Is there a different way to debug using mbed ?

-> No, the method is the same no matter debug probe is MBED, JLINK or P&E on MCUXpresso IDE.

2) hold down the reset button, and reinsert the USB cable

-> If your board is FRDM-64, this action is force debugger on board run into bootloader mode, then we can update

debugger firmware, for example J-link, P&E, MBED. About detail steps please refer to : OpenSDA Serial and Debug Adapter | NXP 

3)Now, I recommend you update it to J-link debug probe refer to above link,  in my experience, sometimes it can't work

well MBED on FRDM-k64 .  Remind again, if your PC is WIN10, pay attention the notes:

pastedImage_2.png

4) If still can't debug , please take screenshot show your steps.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos