cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[USB-KW41Z] Demo gpio_led_output wont seem to work

csantos
Contributor I

Hello, 

i'm just getting started with the USB-KW41Z and was trying to get the sample project to blink the LED to work but noting seem to happen. I build it and everything looks good: 

Building target: usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -Xlinker -Map="usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -Xlinker -print-memory-usage -Xlinker --sort-section=alignment -mcpu=cortex-m0plus -mthumb -T usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output_Debug.ld -o "usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.axf" ./utilities/fsl_debug_console.o ./startup/startup_mkw41z4.o ./source/gpio_led_output.o ./source/mtb.o ./source/semihost_hardfault.o ./drivers/fsl_clock.o ./drivers/fsl_common.o ./drivers/fsl_flash.o ./drivers/fsl_gpio.o ./drivers/fsl_lptmr.o ./drivers/fsl_lpuart.o ./drivers/fsl_smc.o ./board/board.o ./board/clock_config.o ./board/pin_mux.o ./CMSIS/system_MKW41Z4.o
Memory region Used Size Region Size %age Used
PROGRAM_FLASH: 9468 B 512 KB 1.81%
SRAM: 8536 B 128 KB 6.51%
Finished building target: usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.axf

make --no-print-directory post-build
Performing post-build steps
arm-none-eabi-size "usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.axf"; # arm-none-eabi-objcopy -v -O binary "usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.axf" "usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.bin" ; # checksum -p MKW41Z512xxx4 -d "usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.bin";
text data bss dec hex filename
9464 4 8532 18000 4650 usbkw41z_kw41z_driver_examples_gpio_led_output.axf

17:52:25 Build Finished (took 9s.586ms)

I then hit debug. Select the the device for JLink to connect to and nothing happens

pastedImage_1.png

The debug window says and looks like everything is OK. 

If i hit the reset OpenSDA button or unplug and re-plug in the device the LED with flash for a few seconds before window connects to the device at which point the led goes solid again. This didn't happen before i programmed it. 

Any help would be great,

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

The default applications in the USB -KW41Z it's the sniffer one, please refer to this post as it can guide you through the changes needed to use the USB-KW41Z to develop your applications.

Regards,
Estephania

0 Kudos