DSP56F805FV80E and FlashOverJTAG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSP56F805FV80E and FlashOverJTAG

yersr71
Contributor I

Dear Sirs, please help me. With the help of the “Parallel Command Converter” programmer and “FlashOverJTAG”, I copied the P- memory  and the X- memory (chip DSP56F805FV80E). As a result, I have two files readout_p.S and readout_x.S. When I try to write using “FlashOverJTAG” and the same programmer, I get a bad situation — after writing the file “readout_p.S”, I then write the file readout_x.S, and the already recorded file “readout_p.S” is erased!

What's my mistake? Maybe I need to compile the shared file “readout.S” of two (readout_p.S and readout_x.S), but I don’t know how to do this or the reason may be something else. I ask your advice.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yury,

The DSP56F805 has dedicated program flash and data flash, the two flash are separate, so flash-over-jtag tools should erase separately.

Anyway, you can download the *.elf.S as the following screenshot, in the case, both program flash and data flash will be written. Regarding how to generate the SRecorder file, pls refer to the following screenshot.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun rong

pastedImage_357.png

0 Kudos

yersr71
Contributor I

Dear Sir  Xiangjun 

I do not quite understand, from your screenshot, how the SRecorder file is generated. I have two files readout_p.S and readout_x.S, do I need to rename them to readout_p.elf.S and readout_x.elf.S? But I did not understand, from the screenshot where is the link to the two files to compile? I apologize for my meticulousness.

Thank`s

Yury

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Yury,

The screenshot describes how to generate the S-Recorder file with CW for DSP56800E tools, if you configure the CW for DSP56800E tools as the screenshot, the THREE S_Recorder files will be generated: readout_p.S and readout_x.S and the merged readout_x.elf.S, you can download the readout_x.elf.S, it is okay.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos