cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

kernel stuck at start up on iMx6solo customized board

mohsengh
Contributor III

Hello everybody,

I have a customized imx6 solo board. 1 GB of DDR3 ram and MMC for boot.

I have ported u-boot(the fslc community one) and it seems to work fine. I also run stress RAM test and it came out OK. (calibration data is used in imximage.cfg)

when I attempt to run kernel it stuck at "starting kernel" commands:

>>ext4load mmc 0 ${loadaddr} zImage >>ext4load mmc 0 ${fdt_addr} *.dtb >>bootz ${loadaddr} - ${fdt_addr}

(loadaddr=0x12000000 and fdt_addr=0x18000000 the bootargs has the right ttymxc and baudrate value)

with early printk it says: "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel."

printk doesn't work, (Guess the initialize not done).

Fortunately, I have some LEDs on board, so I tried to use them and trace the code. the it seems it kernel hangs at enabling MMU:

/arch/arm/kernel/head.S :

. .     ENTRY(__turn_mmu_on)         mov r0, r0         instr_sync        mcr p15, 0, r0, c1, c0, 0         mrc p15, 0, r3, c0, c0, 0        instr_sync         mov r3, r3         mov r3, r13         ret r3     __turn_on_mmu_end     ENDPROC(__turn_mmu_on)`enter code here` ...

those mcr and mrc are the point that i can toggle GPIObefore them and not after!

I should add: to toggling GPIO I used physical address before them and virtual address after.(I also test with physical add) physical address: for example 0x0209c000 -> gpio data register which virtual address is: 0xf429c000 (just in iMX platform)

also I disable i/d cache before boot up kernel. didn't know how to disable MMU but according the u-boot it seems to be disabled.

please help me find the solution.

Thanks

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohsen

"fslc community" software is not supported by nxp, in general reason may

be that each uboot version should be used with particular linux version.

fslc issues may be posted on meta-fsl-arm mailing list
https://lists.yoctoproject.org/listinfo/meta-freescale
Alternatively one can try nxp software from Code Aurora git repositories 

Documentation: i.MX Software | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos