DPPA2 dpni object only starts working when pinged from another device on Subnet

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DPPA2 dpni object only starts working when pinged from another device on Subnet

rob_hammondit
Contributor I

Hi, I am running LSDK 18.12 on LX2160ardb. I have the ramdisk build and also a rootfs ext2 build which I have built using buildroot. This issue happens on both. I have created a dpni and brought the interface up with ifconfig, assigned an IP on same subnet as Laptop. The dpmac.4 is physically connected to a Dell power connect 5524 switch through one of 10G SFP+ ports. I can do the same thing with dpmac.3. Please see attached terminal output from both dev board and laptop. 

The LX2160ardb cannot ping the laptop until the laptop has tried to connect to the board via ssh or pinged the board. Again this is in the terminal output attached.

Any insight to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Rob

0 Kudos
3 Replies

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I just checked you boot log, please add the following arp command on the target board.

arp -s <host IP address> <host HW address>

0 Kudos

yipingwang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Rob Hammond,

On LX2160ARDB DPMAC3 and DPMAC 4 can be configured as USXGMII or XFI, please refer to "22.4 SerDes options" section in LX2160ARDB Reference Manual for SRDS_PRTCL_S1 definition.

In the default firmware image, dpc-warn.dtb is included, if you want to configured MAC3 and MAC4 as USXGMII please program the DPC file dpc-usxgmii.dtb at offset 0xE00000 on the boot device. The attached are DPC, DPL and MC firmware images from the latest SDK release.

In addition, please refer to the diagram for LX2160ARDB from QorIQ LX2160A Reference Design Board | NXP , RJ45 ports are connected to DPMAC3(DPMAC4).

If your problem remains, please provide your whole console log including u-boot and Linux Kernel booting up.

Thanks,

Yiping

0 Kudos

liguofa
Contributor III

hello,yiping。need you help

-Original-

0 Kudos