FRDM-KL27Z board could not shown on the Board / Device selection page

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-KL27Z board could not shown on the Board / Device selection page

albert_zhou
Contributor III

I reset up MCUXpresso on a new computer. The project cannot be compiled. The window pop up says I need to install SDK, However, when I plug in the SDK board, (LCD blinking is fine), My FRDM-KL27Z cannot shown on the Board and/or Device selection page. That is different from the old computer. I don't know how to fix it. Without the setup, it seems MCUXpresso does not allow me to edit MCU setting. 

Albert

4 Replies

albert_zhou
Contributor III

Hi Aldo,

Thanks for your reply. I download the SDK_2.5.0_FRDM-KL27Z.zip. But I have trouble to install the SDK. how to work with the dragging into installed SDK view? where is the "installed SDK view"? I clicked new project, It pops out window "Board and/or device select page". I tried dragging the zip file into any where in the window  but does not work.

Please advise? I used import achieved files that seems opened file but did not solve the problem.

Albert 

0 Kudos

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You should be able to see a tab like this where you can drag and drop your downloaded SDK

pastedImage_1.png

If you happend to close it, you can re-open this tap just go to window > show view > other

pastedImage_2.png

then select MCUXpresso IDE > installed SDKs, click open and you should be good to go

pastedImage_3.png

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Aldo

0 Kudos

albert_zhou
Contributor III

Hi Aldo,

I followed your instruction. It works great with my two project QN9080 and KL27Z64xxx4.

Thanks a lot!

Albert

AldoG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Albert,

You'll need to download and install the SDK for your board (FRDM-KL27Z) on your new computer,

Please follow this  user guide [https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/MCUXpresso_IDE_User_Guide.pdf]

Chapter 5.2 SDK Part Support, there you'll find a step by step guide to download and install the SDK

you can download the SDK here: [https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select]

Regards,
Aldo.

0 Kudos