LS1012A Reset Config Word Source?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1012A Reset Config Word Source?

joseph_lindula
Contributor IV

Hello, I'm looking on page 231 of the LS1012A Reference Manual and I have a question about the RCW Source. A value of 0 is "Hard-coded RCW Option" and 1 is QuadSPI. If you set the bit to 0 where is this location? I'm a little lost on this RCW initialization stuff. Is this bit telling the processor where the boot code is located? I thought that the boot code was stored in QPSI?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> If you set the bit to 0 where is this location?

This option selects internal hard-coded RCW.

It can be used to bring-up the board with blank flash where flash needs to be programmed for RCW information through JTAG interface into the SPI Flash.

> I thought that the boot code was stored in QPSI?

The firmware is stored in the SPI Flash connected through the QSPI interface.

0 Kudos

joseph_lindula
Contributor IV

Hello, thank you for responding to my post. I am a little slow on this setup. Can you suggest where I might find some more information on how the configuration is loaded at bootup?  Here's what I understand so far. There are no boot pins on this device so the device will boot from external QSPI flash. Now this RCW word which is 512 bits can be stored in the QSPI flash or on the LS1012A, am I correct? 

Thank you very much,

Joe

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

> Can you suggest where I might find some more information on how the configuration is loaded at bootup?

I believe that the processor's RM is a good source.

> Now this RCW word which is 512 bits can be stored in the QSPI flash or on the LS1012A

Hard-coded RCW (internal) is intended to be used only for initial board bring-up and programming of external SPI Flash.

0 Kudos