CODEC ERROR code 0x192 from SBC encoder sample program

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CODEC ERROR code 0x192 from SBC encoder sample program

brendanpeter
Contributor III

I'm using the latest imx-codec package from the community yocto BSP. I'm trying to encode a raw WAV file on an imx6d. When I run the sample program from the package, I get an error returned:

/usr/share/imx-mm/audio-codec/examples/sbc-enc/bin/test_s
bc_enc_arm11_elinux_fhw audio.dat -l 16 -m 0 -o output.sbc -n 8 -b 56 -s 16000

Running SBCENC_ARM_02.00.00_ARM11 build on Mar 21 2012 17:16:31
ERROR: CODEC ERROR code 0x192, please consult Freescale codec team for more information

Any ideas as to what is going wrong? Changing the encode options didn't seem to make a difference.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I don't use community bsp, could you use nxp official bsp? when you program the image to the board, you can find "test_sbc_enc_arm11_elinux_fhw" under /usr/share/imx-mm/audio-codec/examples/sbc-enc/bin, pls try to test this.

0 Kudos

brendanpeter
Contributor III

The test program and library used by the NXP official BSP are identical to the one in the community BSP. I get the same result-- the "CODEC ERROR code 0x192" in the original question.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I mailed to the codec team, but don't get any reply, I checked this error message again, I found the error is caused by CODEC'S watermark protection. One way to resolve this issues is to install watermark driver, another way is to update the codec lib to latest.

The error should go away when the kernel is exposing a special device node /dev/mxc_mem , maybe you can try "ln -s mxs_viim /dev/mxc_mem" if you don't concern

0 Kudos

brendanpeter
Contributor III

Thanks. To be clear, if I use the latest codec lib, I do not need to install the watermark driver?

Can you please give the version number of the latest codec lib, and provide a link if possible?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I checked the lib, it seems no difference for the latest version, and the codec team don't have the positive answer for this, so my understanding  is that the watermark will check the device of "/dev/mxc_mem", so there should be a soft link to map the MXS_VIIM to mxc_mem.

I think this is the better solution for updating the lib, if you don't mind updating, you can try to use the latest bsp which includes the latest lib, you can try it, if still failed, pls try to use the suggestion about soft link

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

for testing audio encoding, pls try to use unit test, use the command like this:

The record feature can be tested by the following command:
• arecord [-Dplughw:0,0] -r 44100 -f S16_LE -c 2 -d 5 record.wav

0 Kudos

brendanpeter
Contributor III

I'd like to encode SBC audio using a file as a source, not an ALSA capture device.

Are you able to successfully use the SBC encoder test program in the imx-codec-test-bin package?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

could you tell me what bsp version you use? let me double check it

0 Kudos

brendanpeter
Contributor III

It's the latest version from the imx community BSP at FSL Community BSP. The bitbake recipe name is "imx-codec_4.4.2.bb".

0 Kudos