I have downloaded pre-built uuu tool binary version 1.2.0 & 1.2.91 from NXPmicro/mfgtools repo.
- I have installed Ubuntu 18.04 in my windows as a virtual machine and forwarded the USB OTG (imx8mm mini eval board ) as a USB device to the virtual machine.
- The core-minimal-image has been built.
- The core-minim-image-xx-sdcard.bz2 and imx8xxx-sd.bin-flash_evk files have been copied into the virtual machine.
- The uuu.auto file is present in the same folder where the images are available.
- Make sure that NXP semiconductor device is available in the virtual machine using lsusb command.
- The following command executed in linux machine
- sudo ./uuu Images/
- The "images" is a directory where the core-minimal-image and imx8xx-sd.bin-flashe_evk files are available.
- After executing the above command, the first command alone executed and the uuu tool is not proceeding further.
- When I have verified the lsusb, the NXP semiconductor USB device is not visisble.
- Not sure why this is happening only in Linux and the same version of UUU tool works well in Windows machine.
Logs for reference
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 1fc9:0134 NXP Semiconductors
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 80ee:0021 VirtualBox USB Tablet
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
UUU logs :
uuu (Universal Update Utility) for nxp imx chips -- libuuu_1.2.91-0-g3799f4d
SDP: boot -f images/imx-boot-imx8xx-sd.bin-flash_evk
This command will be run when use SPL
SDPU: delay 1000
SDPU: write -f images/imx-boot-imx8xx-sd.bin-flash_evk -offset 0x57c00
This command will be run when ROM support stream mode
SDPS: boot -f images/imx-boot-imx8xxx-sd.bin-flash_evk
Wait for Known USB Device Appear
New USB Device Attached at 1:2
1:2>Start Cmd:SDP: boot -f images/imx-boot-imx8xx-sd.bin-flash_evk
---- UUU tool stuck here and unable to proceed.
Please share if anyone encountered a similar kind of issue in the Linux platform. The tool is working without any issues in windows machine.