Can P4080/P5020 processors have embedded cryptographic functions?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can P4080/P5020 processors have embedded cryptographic functions?

frankchristiny
Contributor I

Hi, I want to accelerate the throughput of crypto material in my project where I use NXP's P4080/P5020 processors.  Is there a way to add hardware (or firmware) support to these processors for known cryptographic functions, such AES or SHA?  If not, is there a recommended coprocessor to be attached to these processors?

Thanks!

Frank Christiny

0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

There are P4080/P5020 processors which have internal security engine (SEC). The SEC provides hardware support for the AES and SHA. Part numbering has symbol “E” to show that processor has SEC. For example P5020NSE1MMB has SEC while P5020NSN1MMB does not have SEC. The same P4080NSE1MMB has SEC while P4080NSN1MMB does not. Part numbering nomenclature details you can find in the processor datasheets.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos