Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 gstreamer clockoverlay

zhaoyun_zzz
Contributor I

I'am having a question about gstreamer element pango:clockoverlay 

my pipeline: appsrc----->clockoverlay-----> vpuenc_h264------>appsink

1、first i use /dev/mxc_ipu and ioctl functions to read /dev/fb1's BRGx video data,convert it to NV12 format

2、then i use appsrc callback function to read the NV12 video data ,and add it to pipeline       g_signal_connect(GstData.app_source, "need-data", G_CALLBACK(start_feed), &GstData);

3、basically, i want to add timestamp to the video before encode to H264:

g_object_set(G_OBJECT(GstData.clock_overlay), "halignment", 0, "valignment", 2, "time-format", "%Y/%m/%d %H:%M:%S", NULL);

4、the problem is the video data that add to pipeline by appsrc doesn't come to appsink, i can't get H264 data from appsink, if i remove the clockoverlay element ,the pipeline work's fine.

please help me if anyone has the answer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

zhaoyun_zzz
Contributor I

pastedImage_1.png

this is the gst-inspect-1.0 clockoverlay command output, I can see that the sink caps surpport video format NV12,so I think clockoverlay surpport NV12 format ,also I try'd timeoverlay element, still have the same problem like clockoverlay, so what else reason could cause the problem?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

what gstreamer command do you use? pls use gst-inspect-1.0 clockoverlay to check if clockoverlay supports NV12 formats or not, I remember clockoverlay doesn't support NV12.

0 Kudos