AnsweredAssumed Answered

IMXRT1050-EVKB and J-Link state

Question asked by Andrew Walsh on Feb 28, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2019 by Andrew Walsh

Hello,

I'm trying to run one of the MCUXpresso demos (for Ethernet) on an IMXRT1050-EVK board, using a Segger J-Link Pro.

However, when I do this, it does not work. The firmware (which I've linked for RAM) seems to be downloaded, but the PC (and most of the other registers) end up at the location 0xDEADBEEE ("Break at address "0xdeadbeee" with no debug information available, or outside of program code.").

I get lots of error messages in the Disassembly view indicating that the memory address 0xDEADBExx cannot be accessed.

I then inspect the JLinkServer JLink<serial number> console. The messages appear to indicate that the target is reset (using the supplied JLink script), the RAM is programmed seemingly successfully.

It then sets the PC to an odd value (0xF0020080, but the image is loaded into RAM, starting at 0x80000000), some other things and then says "Starting target CPU...". After this point, there are messages of the sort "ERROR: Can not read register 0 (R0) while the CPU is running" and the access failures listed above.

I've included the text of the console as an attachment. I'm using MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.1 (build 795) and J-Link firmware v6.42f

Right now, I cannot get my development board to behave in any other way. I reset, power-cycle, reboot my development PC, etc, but all to no avail. If I try to connect and run code using JLink Commander, however, I do not seem to have these problems.

Sometimes I've seen this problem (or similar) caused by selecting a slightly wrong target processor (e.g. IMXRT1051 instead of IMXRT1052), but I've double-checked the processor type, so I don't think that's it.

What could I have done wrong here? It's getting frustrating!

Thanks,

Andrew.

Outcomes