JN-AN-1218 Import failed.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN-AN-1218 Import failed.

youpko
Contributor II

I am trying to setup the develoment software for Zigbee 3.0 development.

And got everything thing up and running but when importing the ZigBee 3.0  Base Device Template / Light Bulbs. something goes wrong and it wont import the source files only the .cproject an .project files are copied to the workspace.

I am following the manual JN-UG-3098 2.2 Importing a project.

I must be making a very simple mistake here but i can't seem to figure it out.

0 Kudos
6 Replies

youpko
Contributor II

Hey Mario,

Yep i managed to import and compile.

The current problem is that i cant seem to find how to generate the ZPS Configuration files.

I have the plugin installed and made an edit to the JN-AN-1218 but how do i go from the app.zpscfg to the .c/h files, the documentation speeks about an command line tool but nowhere (that i can find) in the documentation is mentioned how to invoke that tool.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Youp,

The zpscfg file will create a zps_gen.c/h file, and for example, if you add the endpoint number 1, the zps will define an endpoint number 1.

pastedImage_3.png.zpscfg filepastedImage_2.pngzps_gen.h 

The App_dimmablelight.c will use this define

PUBLIC uint8 app_u8GetDeviceEndpoint( void)
{
    return DIMMABLELIGHT_LIGHT_ENDPOINT;
}

and the makefile has defined the zps_gen.c  

APPSRC += zps_gen.c

I am not sure if this what you are asking.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

youpko
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

Thanks for you help, I figured it out when you press comiple the zps_gen files gets updated and that wasn't clear to me.

But after the compile I see the changes that where made to the files.

Thank you very much.

youpko
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

That is one of the first places I looked but did not help me. But I found in the JN-AN-1218 a document with a hint in how to solve it.

1. Download the example.
  2. Extract the archive.
  3. Extract the next archive.
  4. Copy all files in to the workspace.
  5. Beyond Studio Import select the JN-AN-1218 folder in work space.
  6. Search for nested.
  7. Select the correct project in my case the was the JN516x series.

The key step for me was putting all the files in the work space before trying to import, I don't know why this differs from the manuals but I got it working.

But I now I am looking into using the JN-AN-1218, I compiled it without much trouble for the JN5168 module that I have.
It wont connect to the Philips Hue bridge after power up, did not figure out why yet. but I could connect via the TouchLink method.

So now I am looking in to editing the example. I made some changes to the app.zpscfg with the ZPS Configurator plugin. But now where in the manual is specified how I generate the source/header files from the app.zpscfg, I did read on the this forum that you have to use the make file for it. but where can I find that make file, because the JN-AN-1218 makefile doesn't seem to generate the new configuration files form app.zpscfg.

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Youp,

I'm sorry, I am following your question, Did you solved your issue?

Please let me know if you have any further question.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Youp,

Please look at the next community post.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340028 

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos