Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet clock configuration

Jump to solution
marcoantoniodeo
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have an year long project using KDS_v3 , KSDK_1.3.0 and Processor Expert. I know support ended for PE, but I want to ask a few questions:

1. How is the minimum clock frequency configuration for the Ethernet work, in the means of mode, core clock, flash etc?
  2. Is the external clock reference sufficient to be the exclusive source for clock?

My hardware specs:

MK64FN1M0VLL12 (QFP100)

KSZ8081 (QFP32)

Thank you.

Marco

1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

Please refer to the reference manual in chapter 5.7.7

pastedImage_2.png

In this case the slowest clock source you can use is an external clock in OSCERCLK or ENET_1588_CLKIN that can give you up to 50 MHz. Otherwise you will have to use the internal source clock (Core/System clock, MCG PLL/FLL clock) that work at 120 MHz.

Is the external clock reference sufficient to be the exclusive source for clock?

Yes, just keep in mind that the clock period should be an integer number of nanoseconds.

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Marco,

Please refer to the reference manual in chapter 5.7.7

pastedImage_2.png

In this case the slowest clock source you can use is an external clock in OSCERCLK or ENET_1588_CLKIN that can give you up to 50 MHz. Otherwise you will have to use the internal source clock (Core/System clock, MCG PLL/FLL clock) that work at 120 MHz.

Is the external clock reference sufficient to be the exclusive source for clock?

Yes, just keep in mind that the clock period should be an integer number of nanoseconds.

Have a great day,
Felipe

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos
marcoantoniodeo
Contributor II

Hi Felipe,

I´ve read that page but to be true your explanation makes more sense to me know.

Thank you

Marco