cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMA8652

jcm
Contributor I

Hello

I am looking for a sensor in order to detect chocks and freefall of a 15Kg electronic box
The electronic contains a MPU but we want to be able to detect even when the system is in standby.
Which product in your catalog do you advise me ?
I was looking at MMA8652, do you think it could fit ?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hi,

MMA8652 would be a great selection for your application, you can send the accelerometer into sleep mode and set it to wake and measure when there are movement events.

Plus with the Freefall and Motion embedded functions of the MMA8652, would fit perfectly into your application requirements.

You can find all the documentation available for this accelerometer in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/products/sensors/motion-sensors/accelerometers-for-iot/2g-4g-8g-low-g-12-bit-dig...

Have a great day,
Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

jcm
Contributor I

Thank you Jose

I select MMA8652, and PCB routing is taking it in account.

JC

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi JC,

Glad to know that you selected the MMA8652.

In case you want a lecture, there is an application note (AN1902) that provides guidelines for the handling and board mounting of QFN and SON (DFN) packages including recommendations for printed-circuit board (PCB) design, soldering, and rework. You can find this application note in the following link: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN1902.pdf

Have a great day,
Jose

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos