Can I use the NHS3100 SDK with the MCUXpresso IDE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use the NHS3100 SDK with the MCUXpresso IDE

adityap7
Contributor I

I just received the NHS3100-UCODE-I2C since this product uniquely satisfies our requirements(RF-I2C bridge). 

I tried to install the NHS3100 SDK onto the MCUXpresso IDE but it wasn't getting recognized(I followed the steps in the 1000UM_NHS31xx_GettingStarted.pdf).

I asked via chat if whether there was compatibility issues, since a possibility of it was indicated in the pdf, and the representative said that the NHS3100 was only compatible with the LPCXpresso IDE. 

At this point in time I may not need the pro version, but soon enough I would need debug more than 8kb.

I was wondering if there was a way to program the NHS3100 using the MCUXpresso. 

*I apologize if this question had already been asked, or too vague. I don't have a lot of experience with this and using this solely for a part of a larger project

Thank you for your time

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

oeman
Contributor I

Jing,

The NHS3100 SDK DOES NOT WORK on MacOS Mojave, neither with LPCxpresso (LPCXpresso v8.2.2 [Build 650] [2016-09-09]), nor with MCUxpresso (MCUXpresso IDE v10.2.0 [Build 759] [2018-05-15]).

After installing the plugin, the NHS31xx cpu types do not appear in the new project wizard with either xpresso version.

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 9.46.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 9.49.06 PM.png

The above happen to be from LPCxpresso; the results from MPCxpresso are similar.

So, if one is using a Mac, what is one supposed to use?

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

Note that once registered/activated, LPCXpresso IDE allows you to debug up to 256k - not 8k as you mention in your post.

0 Kudos

jingpan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aditya,

No, you can't. MCUXpresso doesn't support this SDK. All the SDK that MCUXpresso can support is listed in https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/select. You can use LPCXpresso only.

Regards,

Jing

0 Kudos