imx6ul booting from emmc

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6ul booting from emmc

liangfeng_0824
Contributor I

When using MFGtools to program, there is no error, and the serial port can output normally. When booting from eMMC after successful burning, the serial port does not have any printing information.   

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

do you use nxp imx6ul evk board? on the imx6ul evk board, the emmc is unpopulated, pls check it, how do you program the image to the emmc? and what vbs file do you use?if you use emmc on sd2, pls check if you set ucl.xml correct or not. when you booting, pls check if you set boot mode on the board correct or not(sw601 and SW602)

0 Kudos

liangfeng_0824
Contributor I

my borad is our design , it's success to  mfg tools download and print info is right  . I check  boot mode is right and  ucl.xml is right . why don't boot from emmc (usdhc2)

0 Kudos

liangfeng_0824
Contributor I

Can you give me some valuable advice?   Don't  only answering my question。

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

your information too limited to confim, I don't know what your change on SW or HW, that's why I asked some questions, since you still don't offer more detailed information, I just can suggest that you can use the patch as below, hope helpful for you

the flag needs to active to enable whole 8bit data pin of eMMC:

--

diff --git a/include/configs/mx6ul_14x14_evk.h b/include/configs/mx6ul_14x14_evk.h

index aabe2f7..b05b71f 100644

--- a/include/configs/mx6ul_14x14_evk.h

+++ b/include/configs/mx6ul_14x14_evk.h

@@ -426,4 +426,6 @@

#include "mx6ul_14x14_evk_android.h"

#endif

+#define CONFIG_MX6UL_EVK_EMMC_REWORK

+

#endif

0 Kudos