dmips/mhz of e500v2 and p20xx

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dmips/mhz of e500v2 and p20xx

meijuanzhang
Contributor I

I have already read some knowledge about dmips/mhz of e500v2 and p20xx.

Now, i know the dmips/mhz of e500v2 is 2.4, but the dmips/mhz of p2020 is 1.5.

My question is "the perfomance of p2020 = 1.5 dmips/mhz" , means one core or dual core is runing? 

When p2020 is one core runing, the  perfomance of p2020 = ??

When p2020 is dual core runing, the  perfomance of p2020 = ?? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies

meijuanzhang
Contributor I

I need optimized program (drystone 2.1) to Test My p2020 . and get the dmips reusult.

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

P2020 is a dual-core processor with e500 cores. Dhrystone benchmark is core benchmark, it measures core performance. The entire test code fits to L1 cache, so since each core has its own L1 cache, the performance of dual-core system will be twice of performance of single core.

Single core performance of e500 core is 2.4 DMIPS/MHz, therefore for P2020 dual-core processor this number should be multiplied by 2. 

meijuanzhang
Contributor I

Can you give me the drystone benchmark and the test evvironment. We use the open source drystone 2.1 on linux test result 2.18 dual core. The result so little.

发自我的iPhone

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is no term "optimized Dhrystone 2.1 test", test source code must be used "as is", without any change, otherwise the result will not be comparable with other result from other processors. Optimizations can be done in compiler settings, optimized libraries for this particular processor, using specific instructions related tot his processor and etc, but not to the test code itself.

For P2020 Dhrystone benchmark reproducibility guide please please open a case to online technical support.

To enter a case to Online Technical Support please perform the following:

1. Please open www.nxp.com
2. Click "SUPPORT" drop-down menu
3. Click "All support options" in "SUPPORT" drop-down menu
4. Enter your NXP site login/password if necessary.
5. Click "Go to Tickets" in "Support Requests" section
6. The system should redirect you to this page https://nxpcommunity.force.com/community/CommunityContextPage
7. At this page please create a new folder for support cases by clicking "Add a Folder". Typically - one folder per project.
8. When asked, enter project details - design stage, projected annual volume, end application type and application name.
9. When folder is created, please click "Add a new case" button near to folder name to create support case.

0 Kudos