cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting development with RapidIOT kit and MCUXpresso IDE

ujjwalrathod007
Contributor I

Hello all,

I have a question about how I could start developing code for RapidIOT Kit with Xpresso IDE? 

I saw some of the examples on Rapid IOT studio which had imported modules/Elements in them. Is it possible for us to create custom user-defined modules in IDE which can be imported in IOT studio?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ujjval,

Please look at the next community post

RAPID-IOT MCUXPRESSO EXAMPLES PROJECTS 

Getting Start with Rapid IoT Kit on MCUXpressoIDE 

SLN-RPK-NODE-UG

You could add a custom module in the IOT studio, but it will require a library from the atmosphere format.

You can work in the MCUXpresso  taking a reference an example from the IOT studio

Regards,

Mario

ujjwalrathod007
Contributor I

Thanks Mario,

That looks quite helpful. By the way I had a look at several online resources and tried to figure out and found that I have to use something like SDK. I chose the SDK. I hope it is with the right configuration. because when I donloaded there were many development boars listed out of which Rapid IOT Kit was not there but the MCU Kinetic K64 was somehow there... I opt for that and got the SDK.. 

Next thing was to drag and drope the SDK in the MCUXpresso IDE>/..  I could not find the Install SDK view in the IDE, Though I see the next step import sdk example but that would be useless without the first step..

0 Kudos

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi

The right SDK can be downloaded here:

https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=SLN-RPK-NODE-SDK&appType=license

Depending on your MCUXpresso version, you can drag and drop or import the SDK (right click in SDK window section)

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos