cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRLC633 and Android HCE cards

natxo_canto
Contributor I

Good morning,

I want to know, basically, if I can read Android HCE cards with the NXP 663 chip. Currently, we are using this chip for reading MiFare Ultralight and Classic cards in our business, but now we want to build some mobile solution for our customers.

We have full access to the NXP Reader Library. I've spent some hours trying to learn, but now I'm stuck. I'm able to discover the Android HCE cards with the phpalI14443p3a_ActivateCard() method. I get a sak of 0x20 and the card's serial number.

I'm stuck with the next step: sending ADPU commands to the card. I don't know how to to it. I've used the Exchange() method, but I always get a TIMEOUT error.

Could someone help me or point me in the correct direction?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Which type of card did the Android application simulates? We provide an sample project of "NfcrdlibEx8_HCE_T4T" which behaves as a type4A tag, you may refer to it for details.

Have a great day,
Kan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

natxo_canto
Contributor I

Hello Kan_Li, thanks for your answer. Where can I download that example? When I download the Library, the examples jump from Ex7 to Ex9, the Ex8 is missing :smileygrin:

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You may request the EC version of NFC reader library from the docstore, please refer to the following for details.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

natxo_canto
Contributor I

Thank you again Kan_Li, but it seems that the example is not valid for the RL633 chipset :smileysad: Any other ideas?

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

sorry,  but are you referring to CLRC663? Please kindly clarify.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

natxo_canto
Contributor I

Yes, I'm working with the CLRC663. It's also mentioned on the Post title: "

CRLC633 and Android HCE cards"

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sorry, I am referring to the PN7462 sample projects instead, and you may download them from NFC Reader Library | NXP directly.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos

natxo_canto
Contributor I

Thanks Kan_Li. I've download the examples for CLRC663 and I can't find the Ex8 that you are talking about. Does it mean that my current chipset doesn't support HCE Android cards?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you want to RC663 work as a reader and read/write the HCE Android cards, right? if so, you may refer to NfcrdlibEx4_MIFAREClassic or NfcrdlibEx9_NTagI2C for reference. If your Android device simulates Mifare Classic card or a NFC Forum Type 2 Tag, these demos should work.

Have a great day,
Kan

Note:

0 Kudos