cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX8MQEVK Wifi

kayiyeh
Contributor II

Hi there,

I am trying to use my imx8mqevk board to connect wifi, which is supposed to be the default device on board.

However, I use the image from yocto project by "bitbake core-image-minimal" to boot the device then  $ifconfig wlan0 up, it reports "No such device."

The kernel is 4.9.88_2.0.0_ga. 

Do I need to bitbake something else or manuconfig in advance? Please help.

BR

Ka-Yi Yeh

0 Kudos
2 Replies

romitchatterjee
Contributor V

Hello Ka-Yi,

In addition to what Igor said above (use a build other than 'minimal', and preferably go for a newer kernel), if you are using kernel 4.9.88, you need to add kernel parameter "pci=nomsi" to support Murata 1CQ Wi-Fi (mentioned in the Release Notes).

Thanks.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ka-Yi

one can try procedure described in sect.4.12 Wi-Fi QCA6174 attached Linux Manual with

Linux Binary Demo Files - i.MX 8MQuad EVK

Minimal is small image that only allows a device to boot, description can be found in

sect.5.2 Choosing an i.MX Yocto project image Yocto Guide.

In general recommended to use latest Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0
linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

Linux L4.14.78_1.0.0 Documentation

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos