AnsweredAssumed Answered

PN5180 LPCD mode instructions

Question asked by Moises Reyes on Feb 13, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2019 by IvanRuiz

Hi there,

I am currently trying to send the chip PN5180 to LPCD mode (auto calibration) from an active mode (card reader poll mode).

As MCU i am using a MK81 processor which send the instructions via SPI bus to the NFC chip. The IDE is MCUExpresso IDE v10.2.0_759 with the NXP library NxpNfcRdLib_5.7.0.

Until now I was no able to find any complete sample code to fulfill this task.

Now I will show you what I have done and the source code related to this matter.

1- The registers mentioned in the data sheet related to LPCD mode are already set. The values readed from chip, (to proof it), are shown now.

ADDR = 34 -> 0x01

ADDR = 36 -> 0xff

ADDR = 37 -> 0x05

ADDR = 38 -> 0x00

ADDR = 39 -> 0xf0

ADDR = 3A -> 0xf0

2- The source code, used to send the chip PN5180 to LPCD mode (auto calibration) from an active mode (card reader poll mode), is given now.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

phStatus_t Cl_SwitchMode_to_LPCD()

{

phhalHw_Pn5180_DataParams_t *cl_pDataParams;

phacDiscLoop_Sw_DataParams_t *cl_SW_pDataParams;

phStatus_t status = PH_ERR_SUCCESS;                                    //BP_1

uint16_t cl_wakeupCounterInMs = 1000;                         

/* Set the generic pointers */

cl_pDataParams = phNfcLib_GetDataParams(PH_COMP_HAL);

cl_SW_pDataParams = phNfcLib_GetDataParams(PH_COMP_AC_DISCLOOP);

/* Read and print registers values from EEPROM */

CL_get_LPCD_EE_Values(cl_pDataParams);                                 //BP_2

/* Enable LPCD Mode*/

status = phacDiscLoop_SetConfig(cl_SW_pDataParams, PHAC_DISCLOOP_CONFIG_ENABLE_LPCD, PH_ON);

if(PH_ERR_SUCCESS== status)

{

PRINTF("LPCD_Mode Enable \t-> \tOK\n");                        //BP_3

}

/* Switch to LPCD Mode*/

status = phhalHw_Pn5180_Instr_SwitchModeLpcd(cl_pDataParams, cl_wakeupCounterInMs);

if(PH_ERR_SUCCESS== status)

{

PRINTF("Switch_Mode instruction \t-> \tOK\n");                 //BP_4

}

return status;

}

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

• Do you see something out of the place or something missing?
  • Do you have a procedure instructions step by step to achieve this task?
  • Until now, I have found sample codes where the instruction "phhalHw_Pn5180_Instr_SwitchModeLpcd()" is not used, so that is why I am confuse, becouse in the data sheet they mention it as a crusial part of the process.

Please, I am in a hurry so your help is very appreciate.

Many thanks in advance and have a nice day.

Outcomes