Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexCAN FreeRTOS Driver

Jump to solution
buettgenbach
Contributor I

Hi,

is there any FreeRTOS driver available for FlexCAN? The SDK currently includes FreeRTOS drivers for SPI, I2C and UART. Any reason there is none available for FlexCAN?

Regards

Markus

0 Kudos
1 Solution
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Markus:

There is no special reason for no flexCAN freeRTOS driver.  I will issue a new feature request to the develop team.

The FreeRTOS driver is a wrapper built on top of standard SDK peripheral drivers.

The wrappers provide an API which blocks the calling task until the I/O operation completes and allows other tasks to run. This is achieved by using the asynchronous API of the underlying driver along with RTOS task synchronization object.

You can refer to the FreeRTOS usart driver in SDK installation folder. I am assuming you are using K64.

SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K64F120M\devices\MK64F12\drivers\fsk_uart_freertos.c

SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K64F120M\devices\MK64F12\drivers\fsk_uart_freertos.h

Regards

Daniel

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Markus:

There is no special reason for no flexCAN freeRTOS driver.  I will issue a new feature request to the develop team.

The FreeRTOS driver is a wrapper built on top of standard SDK peripheral drivers.

The wrappers provide an API which blocks the calling task until the I/O operation completes and allows other tasks to run. This is achieved by using the asynchronous API of the underlying driver along with RTOS task synchronization object.

You can refer to the FreeRTOS usart driver in SDK installation folder. I am assuming you are using K64.

SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K64F120M\devices\MK64F12\drivers\fsk_uart_freertos.c

SDK_2.5.0_TWR-K64F120M\devices\MK64F12\drivers\fsk_uart_freertos.h

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
daharingwitekio
Contributor III

4 years later, has this gotten implemented? I don't see it available in MCUXpresso SDK 2.13.0

0 Kudos
buettgenbach
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

thanks four your answer. The UART FreeRTOS drivers helped me a lot to develop my own FlexCAN FreeRTOS driver.

0 Kudos
daharingwitekio
Contributor III

Hi @buettgenbach, I also need to write a FlexCAN FreeRTOS driver and was hoping you would be able to share/post the one you created?

0 Kudos