Replacement for Flash Programming Tool for 56F83xx/1xx and 56F801x Digital Signal Controllers

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement for Flash Programming Tool for 56F83xx/1xx and 56F801x Digital Signal Controllers

m_valiani
Contributor I

Hello,

I was wondering if the flash programming tool that usually come with CW8.1 version is still supported in Windows 10.

It seems no.

I saw installing and using CW10 Ecplise based that it is not included in the bundle, so it seems is no longer supported and maintained.

There is an alternative to do standalone programming with CW10 Eclipse based ?

The only one i found is to write a programmed task in Eclipse and execute it but is not perfectly equivalentm, because to perform the "page erasing" of the provios tool is much less intuitive.

Thanks

Massimo

0 Kudos
1 Reply

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Massimo,

I have installed the "CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3" and 56800E Flash Programmer"  under my Win10 OS, both the "CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3" and "56800E Flash Programmer" tools work fine. In other words, you can install both of them on Win10, you can compile/link/download/debug with the "CodeWarrior for DSP56800E ver8.3" tools. You can use the "56800E Flash Programmer" tools to program the DSC flash. Both of them support USBTAP device  for DSC .

Of course, you can use CodeWarrior for mcu ver10.x and USBTap device for DSC, it also works on Win10 OS.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos