Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PWM API / PWM Library for IMX Linux

Jump to solution
rvalvekar
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I am searching for libraries which can be used for PWM Operations especially with the stepper motors. I would like to interface with IMX Processors. 

I have searched on this community and on third party vendors, but i could not find any libraries which are focused on PWM. 

Do I need any kind of Hardware with the stepper motor for implementing motors ? For example motor control chipset ?

I would like some support from Community on this topic.

Thanks for Support and Help.

R.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rohan,

Linux BSP for i.MX processors include a basic PWM library (mainly oriented for LCD backlight control). Therefore, it is not intended to work with more real-time implementations like motor control and may not fit your timing requirements. Please refer to chapter 2.7 “Pulse-Width Modulator (PWM)” section of “i.MX Reference Manual” document (attached) for additional details.

In case of using a heterogeneous i.MX processor like the i.MX6SX, i.MX7 or i.MX8, you could use the included M4 core to control real-time applications, like motor control.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rohan,

Linux BSP for i.MX processors include a basic PWM library (mainly oriented for LCD backlight control). Therefore, it is not intended to work with more real-time implementations like motor control and may not fit your timing requirements. Please refer to chapter 2.7 “Pulse-Width Modulator (PWM)” section of “i.MX Reference Manual” document (attached) for additional details.

In case of using a heterogeneous i.MX processor like the i.MX6SX, i.MX7 or i.MX8, you could use the included M4 core to control real-time applications, like motor control.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
rvalvekar
Contributor III

Hello Carlos,

Thank you for the information.

0 Kudos