cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW MCU - MC9S08QG - old DEMO9S08QG or new LFEBRS08DEMO

Jump to solution
Mei
Contributor IV

Now I have downloaded CodeWarrior for MCU RS08/S08  v11.1 of my PC und need and want to buy target to program MCS08QG (only this type). In this moment only I know old DEMO9S08QGe.

But of NXP-site I see new  HCS08 and RS08 Demonstration Board LFEBRS08DEMO is being worked on.

Is it better to wait a while, then I can buy this small new board, good for my purpose?

I hope you can help me with this particular question.

With best regards

Gerd Meinert

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Gerd,

LFEBRS08DEMO can support 8-pin dip MC9RS08KA2, MC9S08QA4CPAE, MC9S08QG4CPAE, MC9S08QD2VPC MCUs.

DEMO9S08QG is for 16-pin DIP MC9S08QG8 chip.

If you think MC9S08QG4 is enough to evaluate your project, LFEBRS08DEMO is ok. but please note this board is still in development stage. it is not for sale yet. if you need a board now, you can only order DEMO9S08QG.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Gerd,

LFEBRS08DEMO can support 8-pin dip MC9RS08KA2, MC9S08QA4CPAE, MC9S08QG4CPAE, MC9S08QD2VPC MCUs.

DEMO9S08QG is for 16-pin DIP MC9S08QG8 chip.

If you think MC9S08QG4 is enough to evaluate your project, LFEBRS08DEMO is ok. but please note this board is still in development stage. it is not for sale yet. if you need a board now, you can only order DEMO9S08QG.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos