AnsweredAssumed Answered

SDK power library crash

Question asked by Daniel Gull on Feb 11, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 17, 2019 by jeremyzhou

Hi NXP community

I am using the power library from the SDK_2.5.0_LPCXpresso54102.zip\devices\LPC54102\iar\iar_lib_power.a. The library crashes when I step over the function POWER_SetVoltageForFreq(LPC54XXX_F_CORE). This function is used in our bootmonior. Our bootmonitor does not initialize variables using the c-runtime __iar_program_start. We try to avoid using the c-runtime to reduce flash memory footprint for our bootmonitor.

We have observed a similar behavior with the lpc-spifi-lib provided with source code from NXP - see attachment. We have found that some crucial variables are not properly initialized when we do not use the c-runtime. The source code needs to be modified to properly initilize variables to allow usage of the library without relying on the c-runtime to initialize variables. Attached is the source code modification I have implemented in the lpc-spifi-lib to give you an idea what I am talking about.

I need an update to the power library (SDK_2.5.0_LPCXpresso54102.zip\devices\LPC54102\iar\iar_lib_power.a) from NXP to solve my "crash" problem. Could NXP provide me with a fixed power library or provide me with the source code to this power library?

Many Thanks

Dani

Outcomes