cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK power library crash

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi NXP community

I am using the power library from the SDK_2.5.0_LPCXpresso54102.zip\devices\LPC54102\iar\iar_lib_power.a. The library crashes when I step over the function POWER_SetVoltageForFreq(LPC54XXX_F_CORE). This function is used in our bootmonior. Our bootmonitor does not initialize variables using the c-runtime __iar_program_start. We try to avoid using the c-runtime to reduce flash memory footprint for our bootmonitor.

We have observed a similar behavior with the lpc-spifi-lib provided with source code from NXP - see attachment. We have found that some crucial variables are not properly initialized when we do not use the c-runtime. The source code needs to be modified to properly initilize variables to allow usage of the library without relying on the c-runtime to initialize variables. Attached is the source code modification I have implemented in the lpc-spifi-lib to give you an idea what I am talking about.

I need an update to the power library (SDK_2.5.0_LPCXpresso54102.zip\devices\LPC54102\iar\iar_lib_power.a) from NXP to solve my "crash" problem. Could NXP provide me with a fixed power library or provide me with the source code to this power library?

Many Thanks

Dani

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
As I know, the source code of iar_lib_power.a has no plan to be published now.
During the MCU startup, __iar_program_start will initialize static and global variables, that is, zero-initialized variables are cleared and the values of other initialized variables are copied from ROM to RAM memory.
It's a key step prior to calling the main(), so I don't it's not advisable to remove the __iar_program_start to save flash space.
I'd highly recommend you to consider this risk of the operation.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy

I understand that you recommend not to remove __iar_program_start.

My boundary conditions however do not allow me to work with __iar_program_start.

I need a power library that allows this me to work without __iar_program_start.

As you can see in my attachments it is possible to do this with the corresponding measures in coding and I am sure this would benefit others as well. I would like NXP to modify the power library to allow me to use it without having to use __iar_program_start. If this is not possible, then we may need to step out of buying this product and consider other alternatives.

Dani

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Thanks for your reply.
Maybe you can give a try to contact local DFAE or FAE for requesting the source code of iar_lib_power. a, I think it needs to sign NDA.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

danielgull
Contributor IV

Hi Jeremy

Can you direct me to my local DFAE or FAE? Who is my local DFAE or FAE?

Dani

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Daniel Gull,

Thanks for your reply.
You can find the DFAE contact information via the link.
https://www.nxp.com/support/sample-buy/distributor-network:DISTRIBUTORS#ARMENIA

Have a great day,
TIC

0 Kudos