Adding FreeRTOS component to a project does not run it.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding FreeRTOS component to a project does not run it.

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

I've created an S32DS Application project and added to it the FreeRTOS component. The RTOS is never started. In the main.c file there are the following lines:

/*** RTOS startup code. Macro PEX_RTOS_START is defined by the RTOS component. DON'T MODIFY THIS CODE!!! ***/

#ifdef PEX_RTOS_START

PEX_RTOS_START(); /* Startup of the selected RTOS. Macro is defined by the RTOS component. */

#endif

Unlike what the comment says there is no PEX_RTOS_START defined in any place I could find. When I looked on the FreeRTOS example program (freertos_s32k148) it defines PEX_RTOS_START in the main.c file and points it to a function in the project (in rtos.c).

I've defined it to the function that starts the scheduler and it works fine, but this comment is misleading.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

this is way how starting FreeRTOS is implemented by SDK. The code can be rewritten by Processor Expert, that's why there is used macro PEX_RTOS_START defined by user and pointing to rtos startup function. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

freddy_ben-zeev
Contributor IV

The comment says "Macro PEX_RTOS_START is defined by the RTOS component" - while in reality it is defined by the user. At a minimum the comment should be changed as it is misleading.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Freddy, 

you are right - the comment is confusing. I'll create usability issue ticket for SDK team. Thank you. 

Jiri 

0 Kudos