cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC32PF1550A5EP

muhammad_aladdi
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using the PMU MC32PF1550A5EP of PF1550 series, this chip is pre-configured for i.MX6UL with DDR3 RAM, I want to know the power rails after the pre-configuration, also if I'm still able to configure the power rails in this module through the I2C. Another question is the ON_KEY, I have reviewed the Register customization for its function, though I want to know if it does the function directly from the PMIC or it sends request to the MPU through the I2C and if so on what address and I want to use it as on/off and rest button?

3 Replies

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

For you first question, the power rails after configuration for the PF1550A5 version of the PMIC can be found in table 83 of the datasheet starting on page 78 under the “A5” column: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/data-sheet/PF1550.pdf

Output voltage of SWx is programmable via OTP. During startup (REGS_DISABLE mode to RUN mode), contents of the OTP_SWx_VOLT[5:0] are mapped into the SWx_VOLT[5:0], SWx_STBY_VOLT[5:0] and SWx_SLP_VOLT[5:0] register which set the regulator output voltage during Run, Standby and Sleep modes respectively.

LDO1 and LDO3 are identical 300 mA low dropout (LDO) regulators that provide output voltage with high accuracy and are programmable through I2C interface bits.

About your second question about the ON_KEY customization, by default (if not configured), pressing the switch on the ON_KEY generates interrupts to the processor and the processor uses this interrupt to initiate PMIC state transitions.

Pressing the ONKEY for longer than the delay programmed by OTP_TGRESET[1:0] (ranges from 4.0 s to 16 s), forces the PMIC into the REGS_DISABLE state.

If configured properly (ON_KEY pressed low > Tgreset && ON_KEY_RST_EN = 1), facilitates creating a hard reset when pressing the ON_KEY button without processor intervention.

Regards,

Jose

muhammad_aladdi
Contributor I

Thanks for your quick replay I really appreciate it.
I wonder about LDO2, as you mentioned LDO1 and LDO3 are programmable in A5, so is LDO2 programmable too? As well for the current of LDO2, it's mentioned in KIT6UL1550 reference design as 300mA while in the datasheet of PF1550 as 400mA! so which is the right value?

Regards,

0 Kudos

reyes
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Muhammad,

Yes, LDO2 is also I2C configurable, LDO2 is a 400 mA LDO regulator that provides output voltage with high accuracy and programmable through I2C/ interface bits.

Have a great day,

Jose

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------