cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we have the CW v2.1 available now?

chenthilvsl
Contributor I

Hello,

For our project the client suggests to have the CW v2.1. But when we tried to procure the same, I was told that v2.1 and the v2.10 are the same and so it is enough to procure the CW c2.10.

But when I analysed the internet and the NXP site, I noticed that v2.1 is meant for MPC55xx where as the v2.10 is meant for MPC55xx / MPC56xx.

Also 2 different teams of our company are having these two different variants of the CW. And when I gone through the release notes, I could find many differences.

So I am confused to take the decision of how to move forward ( v2.1 or v2.10) with the procurement of CW for my project.

Could some one throw some light on this.

NOTE:- I have attached the release notes of the CW v2.1 and v2.10 for your reference.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

In fact CodeWarrior for MPC55xx/56xx v2.10 is much newer version then v2.1 (there is ~5 years difference between the release dates).

The release notes for v2.1 indicates that this was build tools only edition - so no debugger included whereas v2.10 contains 3-rd party (PEMicro) debugger.

In fact these two version are quite different when it comes to debugger:

The compiler version in CW v2.10 :

Date: February 17, 2012
Build 4.3.0.224 (__CWBUILD__ = 224)

Compiler version included in CW v2.1 is probably :

Date: June 22, 2007
Build 4.2.0.125 (__CWBUILD__ = 125)

There are many bug fixes and new features implemented in between (see attached compiler release notes).

Therefore I'd recommend you to use v2.10 instead of v2.1 if there is no strong argument for using the old version.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos