I cannot get the i2c demos in SDK 2.5.0 working for the LPC8N04 (OM40002) demo board.
I have confirmed that I can successfully flash other applications and modify both the polling and interrupt demos with printf statements that indicate they fail to establish an i2c connection via pins 1, 3 and 7 (GND) on P4. I have also tested with 2, 4 and 8 on P3.
Are these demos working for NXP engineers?
Here is my set up:
- One OM40002 running "lpc8n04devboard_lpc_i2c_1_interrupt_transfer_master" (or the master polling example)
- A second OM40002 running "lpc8n04devboard_lpc_i2c_1_interrupt_transfer_slave" (or the slave polling example)
- Wires connecting pins 1, 3 and 7 on P4 on the first board to 1, 3 and 7 on P4 on the second board (per the included doc instructions; also tried 2, 4 and 8 to 2, 4 and 8)
- I have tried running the slave first, then the master as well as the master first and then the slave. I've also tried booting both at the same time.
- Debugging from both machines I see that the master doesn't get past "Wait for transfer completed." (somewhere around lines 112-120 in the interrupt master example) and the slave doesn't get past "Wait for transfer completed." (somewhere around lines 97-102 in the interrupt slave example)
- I have tried with P7 and P8 in SWD mode or GPIO mode, no difference
- I am programming with MCUXpressoIDE, both 10.3.0 on a Mac and 10.3.0 on a PC
- I am using the built-in debugger on the OM40002
- SDK version is 2.5.0 (released 2018-12-17)
Any ideas? See attached for what I understand to be P4 1, 3, 5 and 7, circled in red with pin headers soldered on. I have tried this across 4x different OM40002 boards, no luck.