AnsweredAssumed Answered

Proper procedure to duplicate a project?

Question asked by SCOTT MILLER on Feb 3, 2019
Latest reply on Feb 4, 2019 by Erich Styger

This seems like it should be a simple task, but I struggle with it every time.  What's the proper way to replicate a project within the same workspace in MCUXpresso?

The way I think it ought to work is that you'd select the original project (with the project open - for some reason it'll let you copy but not paste if the source isn't open) from the project explorer and select copy, then paste.  Usually this works in Eclipse.  This is what I get in MCUX:

The only thing in the log is this:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.core 1 0 2019-02-03 10:49:19.947
!MESSAGE Indexed 'HyperionBasic' (11 sources, 59 headers) in 1.08 sec: 6,016 declarations; 9,264 references; 9 unresolved inclusions; 66 syntax errors; 270 unresolved names (1.7%)

Now, some of my source folders are linked to other locations.  I can't see why it wouldn't be able to keep the same references, but I mention that because it's something I don't see in the example projects so I figure maybe it's not something that gets tested routinely.

Is there an alternate way to do this?  I've been told to never copy or move projects manually in Eclipse or you'll foul things up and get weird problems.  I'm trying to do this as much by the book as possible, but it doesn't seem to be covered in the MCUX docs.

Thanks,

Scott

Outcomes