cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parity Backed RAM

scribble
Contributor I

Hi guys,

The i.MX RT range appears well suited for industrial application and I'm eager to use it in a data logging project, however, my data logging will track accumulated values over a long period of time and so it's important to me that these values remain accurate.

Some competitor products offer parts of RAM that are parity backed to ensure their integrity or at the very least detection of an error. I can't find any mention in the datasheets of the i.MX RT series but just thought I'd ask if parity checking in RAM is supported? As manufacturers don't always think to list this information. If not, this would potentially be a good feature to see in future silicon.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately i.MX RT does not support ECC RAM. Its SDRAM interface supports only 8-bit and 16-bit modes.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

scribble
Contributor I

Hi Victor, I was referring to the internal RAM, does this have any support?

0 Kudos

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

i.MX RT does not support parity check on internal RAM too.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 Kudos