MCU-boot, Flashloader and Flash Address Remapping

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCU-boot, Flashloader and Flash Address Remapping

mwutley
Contributor II

I'm trying to decide which processor (RT1060 or RT1064) would be better to use for a product update, and want to make sure I fully understand boot options. Here is what I'm working through:

The RT1060 is currently supported with SDK v2.5 which means it comes with mcu-boot middleware (which includes flashloader). From reading the overview in the flashloader release notes (IMXRT1060FLDRRN), it kind of sounds like the flashloader is only meant to work with external flash devices. This makes sense given the RT1060 has no internal flash. 

One of the enhanced features(AN12240) of the RT1060 over the RT1050 is that is has flash address remapping. I would like to potentially use this feature safely perform FW swaps on a field unit. One question I have is whether or not this feature will work on the internal flash of the RT1064?

The RT1064 is currently supported with SDK v2.4, which I understand should be up to v2.5 in May of 2019. When this occurs, will the MCU-boot API work with the internal flash of the RT1064 or is it only meant to select between external devices to boot from?

When the RT1064 is using SDK v2.5 will I be able to plug in a USB device with a new FW image and use the bootloader/address remapping to load it as a secondary image onto the internal flash?

Hopefully these questions make enough sense. Thanks for any input. Since the RT1064 doesn't have as much documentation released and is behind on the SDK version I'm having a tougher time understanding what this might look like. 

Thanks,

Matt

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

Sorry for the late response, regarding to the tools, both have the same tools, on the device features the only diference is one has memory and the other not.

Regards

0 Kudos