cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX6ULL EMMC BOOT

stanleykwee
Contributor I

Hi all,

I'm using uuu to flash my imx6ullevk based custom board with Micron EMMC 5.0 MTFC4GACAJCN . EMMC is flashed ok and zImage, device tree and root file system are written OK in the EMMC but u-boot is not booting at startup.

1. The EMMC is set on usdhc2 position
2. After uuu completed with success, while power is kept, started uuu again in shell mode and issue command "FB: ucmd boot", the u-boot, kernel and the whole linux could boot up
3. And I'm using the u-boot-imx6ull14x14evk_emmc.imx file in L4.14.78_1.0.0_ga_images_MX6UL7D package.

However, if the board is power cycled and boot mode is set to internal boot on EMMC, nothing appears on my serial terminal.

What could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Stanley

for new board one can try to run ddr test

i.MX6/7 DDR Stress Test Tool V3.00 

and update ddr calibration coefficients in uboot/board/freescale/mx6ullevk/imximage.cfg

imximage.cfg\mx6ullevk\freescale\board - uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos