FlexComm4 I2C problem on LPC54616 (SDA and SCL cannot be routed)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FlexComm4 I2C problem on LPC54616 (SDA and SCL cannot be routed)

kennener
Contributor I

Using MCUXpresso IDE 10.3.0 & LPC54616J512BD100.  It seems you cannot use I2C on FlexComm4 by routing I2C SDA to Pin 72 and I2C SCL to pin 91. The Config tools say the signals cannot be routed. The data sheet suggests there should be no issue. Does anyone know if this is a Config Tools issue, or an error in the datasheet? The issue occurs even when these are the ONLY two signals/pins being set up. Thanks.

Edited to add:  In fact NONE of the FlexComm4 functions can be assigned to these two pins - USART, SPI, or I2C.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

SimK
Contributor I

Hi I am also having the similar issue for Flexcomm5 not able to assign PIN 0_7 and Pin 0_8 for I2C which has the following warning. Can help on this as well? 

Issue: Signal I2C serial clock of the peripheral FLEXCOMM5 is not routed.
Level: Warning
Type: Validation
Tool: Pins
Origin: Peripherals:BOARD_InitPeripherals
Target: Pins: BOARD_InitPins
Resource: FLEXCOMM5.i2c_scl

Pin No.: 6, PIO0_7/FC3_RTS_SCL_SSEL1/SD0_CLK/FC5_SCK/FC1_SCK/SECURE_GPIO0_7
General purpose IO Port 0 pin 7;FLEXCOMM3 Request To Send output for the USART, SCL input/output for the I2C, Slave Select 1 input or output for the SPI; depends on the selected function.;SD/SDIO/MMC clock;FLEXCOMM5 Clock input or output for the USART function in synchronous modes, for the SPI function, for the I2S function (if present).;FLEXCOMM1 Clock input or output for the USART function in synchronous modes, for the SPI function, for the I2S function (if present).;Secure general purpose IO Port 0 pin 7

Pin No.: 26, PIO0_8/FC3_SSEL3/SD0_CMD/FC5_RXD_SDA_MOSI_DATA/SWO/SECURE_GPIO0_8
General purpose IO Port 0 pin 8;FLEXCOMM3 Slave Select 3 input or output for the SPI function.;Command input/output;FLEXCOMM5 Receive data input for the USART, SDA input/output for the I2C, Master data output/slave data input for the SPI, Data input or output for the I2S; depends on the selected function.;Serial wire output;Secure general purpose IO Port 0 pin 8

SimK_0-1616059701928.png

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ken Nener ,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
According to RM, the Flexcomm interface 4 definitely support the I2C function, so I guess it should be the 'bug' in the Config Tool.
To confirm this assumption, I was wondering if you can share some screenshots about this issue, as it will let me have an intuitive knowledge of the issue.

pastedImage_1.png
Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

alex14
Contributor II

I have a very similar issue with the MCUXpresso Config Tools v6 while using the LPC54606 mcu. Here are my screenshots.

1_user_manual_flexcomm_i2c_fc3.PNG

2_conf_tools_pins_screen_edit.PNG

3_conf_tools_peripherials_screen.PNG

I'm using FLEXCOMM 3 in this case. The tools issues Warnings when I use "RXD_SDA_MOSI" and "TXD_SCK_MISO" pins for I2C.I have a similar warning with the SCL line on FLEXCOMM 8 as well.

However, if I change the SDA pin from "RXD_SDA_MOSI" to "CTS_SDA_SSEL0" instead, the warning goes away. But this is a terrible choice because the pins are further apart from each other.

From what I read in the manual, I should be able to pick any pin with "SDA" in the name for SDA and likewise for SCL. It didn't seem like they are in fixed pairs or something.

Is this just a bug with the MCUXpresso Config Tools v6, or is there an actual problem with this configuration? Thanks!

0 Kudos