Providing Confidentiality using Blob creation on T1024

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Providing Confidentiality using Blob creation on T1024

pratik_vadher
Contributor II

So I've been going through your documentation T1024SECRM, T1024 TRM and also " Submit Form " to understand how blob is actually created and provides confidentiality. I am new to to this cryptography section so my doubt might be a bit of beginner level. The following doubts:

1.) Do we have to create the blob in SDK itself and then program it on the flash and we incorporate the information along with the images regarding different keys?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Your question is not entirely clear to me. Your “Submit Form” link points to “Deploy U-Boot, Linux Kernel, and Root Filesystem to a Reference Design” section of the QorIQ SDK documentation. I suppose your question is related to the secure boot. So you should read section Secure Boot processof the SDK documentation. It says that for secure boot the SDK provides special utility to sign External Secure Boot Code (ESBC).  The T1024 Internal Secure Boot code in ROM (ISBC) is capable of reading from NOR flash connected to the Local Bus, on-chip memory configured as SRAM, or main memory. Unless the ESBC is stored in NOR flash, the developer is required to create image for the T1024 PBL that copies the ESBC image from NVRAM to main memory or internal SRAM prior to writing the start address register and executing the ISBC code. The  ISBC code validates signed ESBC image.
Secure_Boot.png

The validated ESBC image is allowed to use the One Time Programmable Master Key to decrypt system secrets. NXP provided ESBC on base standard u-boot. Users are free to use NXP ESBC as it is provided or to use it as reference to modify their own secure boot system. To establish the Secure Boot Chain of Trust, some U-Boot Commands have been added in the ESBC Code. There are blob enc command and blob dec command, which can be used to create private blob and write it to nonvolatile memory. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos