How are 128bit unique identifiers for KE1xF generated?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are 128bit unique identifiers for KE1xF generated?

Jump to solution
willv1
Contributor I

Can anyone tell me how the 128bit unique identifier for the KE1xF series microprocessors is generated? Our current databases for tracking devices is only setup for 64bit serial numbers. We are wondering if we can look at only 64 of the 128 bits and still know that the number is unique.  Are there two of the four SIM_UID registers we could use?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The Unique ID number must be used with the complete 128-bit number; we cannot assume that the LSB/MSB part is going to be unique. The Unique ID is programmed during manufactory and the algorithm to generate. The algorithm cannot be shared. If you get some chips and read out these UID registers, you can find there is no abvious regularity between them. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

The Unique ID number must be used with the complete 128-bit number; we cannot assume that the LSB/MSB part is going to be unique. The Unique ID is programmed during manufactory and the algorithm to generate. The algorithm cannot be shared. If you get some chips and read out these UID registers, you can find there is no abvious regularity between them. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks a lot for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!