AnsweredAssumed Answered

Security Boot LPC1830

Question asked by Ken Su on Jan 27, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 by Ken Su

Dears,

I have a question about LPC1830 security boot,

After reading the LPC1830 user manual and lpcscript user guide, the security boot will be:

Encrypt :  

Call Image Manager to encrypt the binary image with the 128-bit key and add the required
header on PC side.

Program the AES 128-bit key:  

Call LPCScrypt and pass a single command to program the AES 128-bit key into OTP
memory on the MCU.

After power reset, the boot code will decrypt the boot image by AES key and header,

Question1: Can I do this in my application code?

Because I will have two image, image 1 boot without security encrypt, image2 will encrypt by lpcscript tool , and the image1 will decrypt image2 to another ram(ex: SDRAM). In other words, my image1 do the job same as the ROM boot code. Is it possible? I think one of the problem is I don't know the header information added by lpcscript tool.

Or I don't need know the header information because AES engine will do this job, --> I can do the same as job as ROM boot code.

Question2:

If my idea is not work, from user manual, the AES engine can use "key2" to decrypt data, the problem will be "how can I encrypt the image with lpcscript tool" and then decrypt this image by key2?

Thanks

Ken

Outcomes