Christopher Sagedy

Porting USB Code from S08JM60 to MCF51JM128

Discussion created by Christopher Sagedy on Jan 11, 2009
Latest reply on Nov 20, 2011 by Jayprakash Shet
All,

I have a DEMOJM board, and I am attempting to build a USB application based on the information found in the "USBJM_TRAINING: How to make a graphical user interface (GUI) for USB communication" training module. I need to use the MCF51JM128 processor, but the example firmware provided on that page is for the S08JM60. I (mistakenly) assumed that it would be a simple matter to transition to the MCF51JM128.

After successfully working through the training module, I changed the microcontroller in the CodeWarrior project to the MCF51JM128. When I compile, I get a laundry list of errors. I tried to go through and fix the errors by hand, but it appears that all of the registers associated with the USB module are different between the S08JM60 and the MCF51JM128. Not only are the names different, but the meaning of the bits are different (as far as I can tell).

Is there some trick to porting code from the S08JM60 to the MCF51JM128? Surely I'm not the first one to have this specific problem. I'm pulling my hair out over here, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

Outcomes