cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting USB Code from S08JM60 to MCF51JM128

ChrisS
Contributor I
All,

I have a DEMOJM board, and I am attempting to build a USB application based on the information found in the "USBJM_TRAINING: How to make a graphical user interface (GUI) for USB communication" training module. I need to use the MCF51JM128 processor, but the example firmware provided on that page is for the S08JM60. I (mistakenly) assumed that it would be a simple matter to transition to the MCF51JM128.

After successfully working through the training module, I changed the microcontroller in the CodeWarrior project to the MCF51JM128. When I compile, I get a laundry list of errors. I tried to go through and fix the errors by hand, but it appears that all of the registers associated with the USB module are different between the S08JM60 and the MCF51JM128. Not only are the names different, but the meaning of the bits are different (as far as I can tell).

Is there some trick to porting code from the S08JM60 to the MCF51JM128? Surely I'm not the first one to have this specific problem. I'm pulling my hair out over here, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

JWW
Contributor V
Chris,

I'm not an expert on USB code.. But I did want to point out one difference between the JM60 and the JM128 family.  The JM60 product has a USB device only controller.  The JM128 has a USB OTG controller, which means it can do 'host' or 'device' or true 'on-the-go'.  This means the registers are different and there are some config differences.

But... You shouldn't have to do all the USB porting yourself.  We have some good code examples.

Try this site: www.canyourbadgedothis.com

The site is focused on using a JM128 on a low cost dev board.  The focus was a competition we ran until 12/31/08.  But there are several good software examples and applications that might help you with your JM128 development.

The USB stack for the JM128 is here.  I think if you use this code with the appnote you should be able to get up and running.

-JWW

0 Kudos

Thetiger
Contributor I

This may be a late query but I am also trying to port the JM60 code to JM8 & JM16. I try to change MCU & then if I compile the program it gives lots of error. Then I tried to change the JM60 with JM60 . Strange but then also it gives error. So can anybody tell me what exactly is going wrong ?

Thanks

Jayprakash Shet

0 Kudos