AnsweredAssumed Answered

Porting FatFs to LPC5411 with SPI - 'Final' .RAR file ?

Question asked by James Whitney on Jan 24, 2019
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 by Kerry Zhou

Greetings,

I was able to import the .rar version of the project into MCUXpresso. It - 'Luxcel Eval Board Demo <Debug>' - compiled/built without error. It also ran, but I never got the program to write any files. When I ran the program I got the following output to the console;

SD_CMD8  return  255........

Initialisation Complete

SD_CMD8  return  255........

Initialisation Complete

Count is: 1

Read case 1

Read case 2

Read case 2

Read case 2

Read case 2

Read case 2

I never obtained any other output, to the microSD card, nor to the console. I put in some counters just to be sure it wasn't hung up in 'Read case 2' - it wasn't. Then, I thought maybe I hadn't let the program run long enough, so I suppressed the 'Read case 2' console output, and let the program run while I ran some errands. One hour later, no completion.

When I started poking around in the code,

- 'spi_test.c' - has a fair amount of code commented out. Was this for debug purposes ? should these be uncommented ?

- Is the .rar version I started with the final ? I thought there was a version generated somewhere along that stream which actually printed two output files, a .txt version and a .csv version.

- Any ideas as to where this program is hanging up, and what to do to get it 'to the finish line', i.e., writing the two aforementioned output files ?

Thanks,

Jim

Outcomes