iMX JTAG Connector

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX JTAG Connector

pch255
Contributor I

I'm working on a design based on the iMXRT105x. I noticed on the EVK board that the JTAG connector is the 'large' style 20 pin (0.100").

I have used the 20Pin 'mini' JTAG connectors on my previous Kinetis K60/MKV58 designs. I would rather use the mini since the large connector takes up so much board real estate.

I can connect the standard TCLK, TDI, TDO, TMS signals to the mini connector, but the JTAG CLKOUT, D0, D1, D2, D3 signals do not appear to be available on the iMX devices (although there are ARM_TRACEx signals on the iMX chip?)

Should I leave these signals unconnected on the mini connector or use the ARM_TRACEx signals? -or- do I have to use the large 20Pin connector?

Anyone have any advice/experience with this?

Thanks

Peter

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter Halatin,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.
1) Should I leave these signals unconnected on the mini connector or use the ARM_TRACEx signals?
-- Just leaving these signals unconnected on the mini connector.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos