cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZigBee IAS Zone enroll response problem

minjeonglee
Contributor I

Hello everyone,

I have BeyondStudio for NXP with JN-SW-4168 SDK and JN5168. I'm using a JN-AN-1223 for ZigBee coordinator.

I am trying to connect presence sensor to the coordinator.

First presence sensor connect to coordinator successfully including enroll request/response and I checked presence sensor notify IAS zone status changed to coordinator.

When I tried to connect another presence sensor to same coordinator, however, I found coordinator send enroll response code to 0x04 from enroll response message.

This presence sensor does not send message, which IAS zone status changed, and I think that was caused coordinator does not send enroll response message with success(0x00) response to the sensor.

Could someone let me know why coordinator send enroll response message with 0x04 response code and what does this response code means?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Minjeon,

Could you please provide capture in the air? The sniffer log.

I want to confirm if the 0x04 is not the zone id. These are the enroll response code.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

minjeonglee
Contributor I

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your reply and I am attaching screenshot for captured packet in the air.

You can find 2 pairs of enroll request & response.

First enroll procedure was finished successfully but send procedure was failed with unknown response code.

enroll request&response.jpg

Regards,

Minjeong

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Minjeong,

How did you manage to write the CIE IEEE address to start enroll request using Control Bridge? What is the process that you follow?

Have you modified the Control Bridge application or IAS sensor application or ZCL?

Also, Did you try using CIE present in JN-AN-1201 application for security system?

Could you please share the sniffer log file instead of snapshots?

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

minjeonglee
Contributor I

Hello Mario,
Thanks for your response.

I found original JN-AN-1223 SW, which is compiled from our side, also has same problem and I think this installed SDK caused this issue.

I am looking for JN-SW-4168 SDK Ver.1364 to compile JN-AN-1223 Ver.1001, but I cannot find page to download SDK.

Cloud you let me know how to download JN-SW-4168 SDK Ver.1364?

pastedImage_5.png

I also download latest SDK Ver.1620 and I checked that JN-AN-1223 Ver.1001 is not compiled with latest SDK as below.

c:/NXP/bstudio_nxp/workspace/JN-AN-1223-ZigBee-IoT-Gateway-Control-Bridge-v1001/Source/ZigbeeNodeControlBridge/zps_gen.c:874:5: error: 'zps_msgMcpsDcfm' undeclared here (not in a function)
    make: *** [zps_gen.o] Error 1

Regards,

Minjeong

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Minjeong Lee,

I ran some test, I used the JN-AN-1223 Version 1014. SDK JN-SW-4168 Build Number 1620. 

I created a Zigbee network, joined 2 sensor devices, both devices are Enroll correctly.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Cloud you let me know how to download JN-SW-4168 SDK Ver.1364?

We currently provide the SDK Version 1620. As you know, we have fixed some issues that we found.

I also download latest SDK Ver.1620 and I checked that JN-AN-1223 Ver.1001 is not compiled with the latest SDK as below.

The JN-AN-1223 is not compatible, you must modify the AN to compile. I suggest downloading the latest version  JN-AN-1223 1014.

Please let me know if you have issues updating your application.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos

minjeonglee
Contributor I

Hello Mario,

Thanks for your continous support.

I have been modified some code from JN-AN-1223 Ver.1001 and it will be required time to merge with latest JN-AN-1223.

I also have a plan to update latest JN-AN-1223 and SDK, but I would like to solve this issue from JN-AN-1223 Ver.1001 at first.

Is it unavilable to download previous SDK version?

I am looking forward to a positive answer.

Regards,

Minjeong

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Minjeong,

As you see, I tested by my side and I can not reproduce the issue, on the latest version, that you are facing.

Is it unavailable to download previous SDK version?

As you know,  We have been fixed a lot of issues that we had found.  The issue that you are reporting was fixed a few versions before the V1364.

Did you modify the control bridge code?

Is it possible that you could provide the code inside the APP_ZCL_cbEndpointCallback from app_zcl_event_handler.c

for switch case E_CLD_IASZONE_CMD_ZONE_ENROLL_REQUEST.

I am looking for a possible workaround, but I strongly recommended to migrate to the latest SDK.

Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos