cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8MQ SDK_2.5.0

francescoferrar
Contributor III

Hello
I have to develop a project based on EVK-MIMX8MQ core M4 + debugger j-link-plus.
I built SDK 2.5.0 from the MCUxpresso SDK builder
I tried to import the examples from mcuxpresso and Eclipse without success.

I think the examples can only be ported for IAR workbench and arm gcc.

Can you suggest which is the best way to develop a project using an IDE based eclipse?

Thanks

Francesco

0 Kudos
3 Replies

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francesco,

I just verified the missing projects on the MCUXpresso SDK package, and that they are actually included on other builds like for IAR toolchain.

I have internally escalated this. I will send you an update when having some news.

Hope this will be useful for you.

Best regards!

/Carlos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Francesco,

Until now, it was confirmed that MCUXpresso IDE is not supported by the SDK of i.MX8MQ. It is just supported on IAR and GCC, so, please use those versions. The documentation and build options from the SDK Builder will be updated soon, please accept our apologies for any inconveniences about this.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

francescoferrar
Contributor III

Thanks Carlos

I resolved using Eclipse + gcc arm toolchain + segger JLink debugger + iar_segger_support_patch_imx8.

I still have a problem to solve:

The debug of M4 application that are mapped in DDR not works, at reset the program is stopped at main function and if I do "go" the program run bad. While if I debug application mapped in TCM, at reset program is stopped at Reset_Handler function and all works fine. Can you help me?

0 Kudos