CAN Bus (how to transfer data one node to another node)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN Bus (how to transfer data one node to another node)

madhukumarn333
Contributor II

Hi,

I am newer in CAN protocol, How to implement CAN interface from LPC1769 to a peripheral device.

Eg. how to send temperature sensor data to Alphanumeric display via CAN Bus. it means how to transfer data from

one node to another node. could please attach one example source code.

Labels (1)
4 Replies

madhukumarn333
Contributor II

Hi,

I have this source code from lpcopen, but I need exact peripheral device applications for the temperature sensor and Alphanumeric Display.

Read data from the temperature sensor and pass to Node A after sending temperature data to CAN Bus, then receive another node B and display temp data on Alphanumeric display.

could you please send me an example on a peripheral device via CAN Bus

Regards,

Madhu

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Madhu,

Sorry there isn't exactly demo can meet the whole processing.

While I think the theory is the same, this demo is also two CAN nodes, Node A and Node B.

Reading data from temperature sensor is not CAN function, it is ADC, read an convert to

digital data, save to a buffer, then CAN A send it to CAN B.  Under LPCopen , there is also

ADC demo, you can have a look at it,  then make up these demos to your own project.

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello madhu kumar,

I recommend you first refer to LPCopen demo , you can download at nxp website:

LPCOpen Software for LPC17XX|NXP 

pastedImage_3.png

under project, there is readme.txt for each example, you can just read it to understand how to run it:

pastedImage_4.png

Hope it helps,

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

madhukumarn333
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

I have this source code from lpcopen, but I need exact peripheral device applications for the temperature sensor and Alphanumeric Display.

Read data from the temperature sensor and pass to Node A after sending temperature data to CAN Bus, then receive another node B and display temp data on Alphanumeric display.

could you please send me an example on a peripheral device via CAN Bus.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhu Kumar N

0 Kudos