cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing two emios modules on MPC5604B

yuyangliu
Contributor I

Hi,

I am considering using MPC5604B for an application where lots of pulsed outputs are needed. And all the pulses needs to be timed on a single timer.

I understand that MPC5604B has two separate EMIOS timer modules and in the reference manual, it is briefly mentioned that the two modules can be synchronized. I would like to know how I can synchronize the two Emios modules.

For example, if I want ALL the channels in the two modules to be timed onto a single BUS A, do I need only to configure the channel 23 of emios0 and all channels in emios1 would automatically be on bus A of emios0? Or do I need to configure both channel23 of both modules? But in that case, how do I make sure both modules are totally in synch?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

counter buses are not shared between eMIOS modules. You can just enable internal counters at the same time using GTBE bit. So for example configure channel 23 on both eMIOS modules for the same setting and as last step set MCR[GTBE] of one module (on second GTBE is cleared for sure). Both counters will start at same time and so counter buses A will be synchronized.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos

yuyangliu
Contributor I

Understood. Thank you very much!

0 Kudos