Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN and FreeMaster

Jump to solution
fernando_barrio
Contributor III

Hi,

I am using all three CAN channels and I am now trying to use FreeMaster on other pins other than PTC6 and PTC7 (these are being used for a CAN transceiver), however now whenever I try to use FreeMaster it says "Cannot detect the board information". I have tried various configuration of pins and all three LPUART interfaces without luck. I am not sure if this may be a hardware limitation? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thank you,

Fernando

0 Kudos
1 Solution
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando,

If I understand your issue correctly - you are trying to connect with FreeMASTER via LPUART.

In fact FreeMASTER can use any LPUART channel and any pins routed to LPUARTx module.

Just select which pins you want to use for Rx,Tx and the configuration of LPUART base address can be changed easily in freemaster_cfg.h:

/*****************************************************************************
* Select communication interface (LPUART/FlexCAN base address)
******************************************************************************/
#define FMSTR_SCI_BASE 0x4006C000UL /* LPUART2 base on S32K14x */
#define FMSTR_CAN_BASE 0x40024000UL /* FlexCAN0 base on S32K14x */
#define FMSTR_DISABLE 0 /* To disable all FreeMASTER functionalities */
#define FMSTR_USE_LPUART 1 /* To select LPUART communication interface */
#define FMSTR_USE_FLEXCAN 0 /* To select FlexCAN communication interface */
#define FMSTR_USE_PDBDM 0 /* To select Packet Driven BDM communication interface (optional) */‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

In your project you have to set the pinmux of selected pins to LPUART Rx,Tx function.

It is also your responsibility to initialize appropriate LPUART module - this is out of FreeMASTER scope.

Hope it helps.

Stan

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Fernando,

If I understand your issue correctly - you are trying to connect with FreeMASTER via LPUART.

In fact FreeMASTER can use any LPUART channel and any pins routed to LPUARTx module.

Just select which pins you want to use for Rx,Tx and the configuration of LPUART base address can be changed easily in freemaster_cfg.h:

/*****************************************************************************
* Select communication interface (LPUART/FlexCAN base address)
******************************************************************************/
#define FMSTR_SCI_BASE 0x4006C000UL /* LPUART2 base on S32K14x */
#define FMSTR_CAN_BASE 0x40024000UL /* FlexCAN0 base on S32K14x */
#define FMSTR_DISABLE 0 /* To disable all FreeMASTER functionalities */
#define FMSTR_USE_LPUART 1 /* To select LPUART communication interface */
#define FMSTR_USE_FLEXCAN 0 /* To select FlexCAN communication interface */
#define FMSTR_USE_PDBDM 0 /* To select Packet Driven BDM communication interface (optional) */‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

In your project you have to set the pinmux of selected pins to LPUART Rx,Tx function.

It is also your responsibility to initialize appropriate LPUART module - this is out of FreeMASTER scope.

Hope it helps.

Stan