cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V5.0 Config Tools bug for LPC54608

Jump to solution
padraig_fogarty
Contributor III

I've recently updated my environment to use MCUXpressoIDE_10.3.0_2200, MCUXpresso_Config_Tools_v5, and SDK_2.5.0_LPC54608J512.

I noticed that config tools now gives me an warning which seem to be an error, and which was not present previously!

pastedImage_1.png

When I investigate further I find that the pins I have routed for FLEXCOMM1 do not appear to be recognized as valid I2C pins in V5.0.

pastedImage_3.png

The pin options provided by the tool are shown below, and the pins I use are clearly missing.

pastedImage_2.png

The tool does seem to produce the correct code output, but this warning is concerning and I presume a bug which needs to be resolved.

Please let me know if the warning can be safely ignored or if there is a fix for this.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Padraig Fogarty,

The warning can be ignored, because the generated code works well.

While, I will report it to development team, this should be fixed in next version, thanks for your sharing.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lukas_Heczko
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

HI Padraig,

we analysed the issue you reported. It's limitation in existing MCUXpresso Config Tools, the validation between Peripherals tool component and Pins tool routing is not handled properly in case of FLEXCOMM signals - for some of the signals, as in your case, the already routed signal is not detected by the component, keeping the warning in Problems view as a result. We will fix the validation in MCUXpresso Config Tools v6.

As Alice noted, you can safely ignore the warning. Sorry for the inconvenience caused by this problem.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Padraig Fogarty,

The warning can be ignored, because the generated code works well.

While, I will report it to development team, this should be fixed in next version, thanks for your sharing.

Have a great day,
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!